Tuesday, March 24, 2020

USCIS Suspends Premium Processing Due to Coronavirus

myattorneyusa.com
On March 20, 2020, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) suspended the premium processing service for all Form I-129 and Form I-140 visa petitions due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak [PDF version].

The suspension only applies prospectively. The USCIS will reject any Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, filed on or after March 20, 2020, while premium processing remains suspended.

In cases where the petitioner mailed a request for premium processing before March 20, 2020, but the USCIS had not yet accepted it, the USCIS will reject the Form I-907 and return the $1,440 filing fee to the petitioner.

The USCIS will continue to process Form I-129 and Form I-140 petitions previously accepted with the Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, under the premium processing criteria. In those cases, however, the USCIS will not send notices using pre-paid envelopes. If the USCIS fails to process any petitions previously filed with a request for premium processing within the 15-day premium processing timeframe, the petitioner will be refunded the premium processing fee.

The following categories are affected by the temporary suspension of premium processing:

  • Form I-129: E1, E2, H1B, H2B, H3, L1A, L1B, LZ, O1, O2, P1, P1S, P2, P2S, P3, P3S, Q1, R1, TN1, and TN2.
  • Form I-140: EB1, EB2, and EB3

The USCIS will update its website with new information when it resumes the premium processing service for Form I-129 and Form I-140 petitions.

Please visit the nyc immigration lawyers website for further information. The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, PLLC focuses vast segment of its practice on immigration law. This steadfast dedication has resulted in thousands of immigrants throughout the United States.

Lawyer website: http://myattorneyusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment